I received my first calling in Church yesterday. I am joint teaching the Sunbeam B class! Try saying "Sunbeam B" 5 times. For those of you who don't know, these kids are 3 years old. They just left the nursery where they got to play with toys, eat snacks, sing and sleep if they wanted to! Now they have to sit on a hard plastic chair through 2 hours of singing and sharing time. That's not torture enough, they have to sit through another 40 minutes on those hard plastic chairs for a lesson! Its almost mandatory that we teachers give them a potty break and a snack. They need to stretch those little legs of theirs!
One particular boy named Braydon passed gas during the lesson yesterday. The other lady who teaches with me asked him, "Braydon, what do you say?" He responded with, "That came out of my BUM!" Not the answer she was looking for I am sure, but still, very funny.
It is going to be quite the challenge. On top of keeping them in their chairs but to keep their hands out of their pants and noses, skirts down, focused and not crying for their mommies! Wish me luck.
As for Orrin, he has yet to receive a calling, but I was told to give him the heads up not to get too comfortable. I let it be known that he has never "scouted" and would love a chance be involved with the scouts. He can earn his badges along with those cute little 8 year olds! I can't wait to see what wonderful job he gets called to serve in.
1/28/2008
jesus wants me for a sunbeam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
me...laughing out loud at work; wondering how you didn't burst out laughing. I know how much you love to laugh- this calling is perfect for you! Oh my.
Sorry to break it to you. If you add up 2 hours in a plastic chair, plus 40 minutes in sharing time. That equals a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes...not gonna happen. No time for Sacrament Meeting!
thanks for that little math lesson steph. I know I can always count on you to pick out my faults in life.
Post a Comment