4/25/2008

not as easy as play-dough

(Sorry for the camera phone picture)

This was my second attempt at fondant. Don't let the perfect shape of the cake fool you.
It was a cake pan flipped upside down.

My first attempt was interesting. We practiced 4 different styles and placed them on 1 cake. I will tell you one thing. Its not as easy as play-dough!
When I brought the cake home and Love ripped a little piece off and said, "Fondant doesn't taste very good." I just laughed. Its a fun class though. I need to invest in a good mat rather than the cheap one that comes in the class packet. Its got about 6 creases in it from being folded. If you roll out your fondant on that.. the creases show. no bueno.


We had the National Guard recruiter over on Wednesday. This was the second time he has come to grace us with his presence. I had my list of questions typed out and ready to ask. To make a long story short, here are the key points:
  • Army man was trying to convince me that Love could die in Iraq but the chances of him dying in a car accident are greater. Each time he gave me a different scenario of how Love could die I would respond with "... so you're saying its a possibility?" He got rather annoyed. I had a good laugh.
  • "I work for YOU."
  • Basic Training is 10 weeks not 6. He would have to stay away from home for another 5 (at the very minimum)+ weeks to learn his "Job." One semester with out Love does not sound good to me.
  • "Negative. I mean, No."
  • the $10,000 sign on bonus just "poofs" if he takes the route he was planning on. ROTC has something do to with the disappearance of the money. Clever of them.
  • No guarantees for him to get the job that he wants to be trained for. Although, school would be paid for.. that nice.
An hour later after I got through my list I told him I was done. His reply went like this, "Good because I am passing kidney stones and am in excruciating pain!"

Poor guy. I know how he feels. ouch! I hope he feels better. Although, now I feel really bad that he sat there in pain for an hour because we decided that the cons out weigh the pros for us. We're not going to join. So happy. I need Love at home with me. So its back to school for us!

No comments: