12/18/2008

tradition, tradition!

So I got a cute little package in the mail yesterday. I opened it up and found a box of contacts as well as a box of mini lights. I was wondering why my parents would send me lights when I opened it I found a cute little bag. Inside was a note that mentioned that my Dad thought I needed some little ornaments to fit inside my coke crate advent! How sweet! Thanks for reading my blog Daddy and having the thought. Thanks mom for making it happen!




My mom sent me some of my old ornaments as well as some new ones. There are 12 all together. I think with the ones I have of Orrins that fit we have the right amount! I was so excited to put them in! Such a great tradition being continued here in the snow. (the real snow.. not the snow that gives St. George a snow day today. So fun for them!)

I still haven't bought our ornaments for this year our new Pajamas to open on Christmas Eve! Those are two traditions I WILL carry on for the rest of my life. I am also thinking to make the Broken Glass salad for Christmas. We are at my In-laws this year.. don't' know if they are going to do a fancy Christmas Eve dinner or not. If they do, that salad will be there! My mom makes it EVERY year. Its so pretty. The funny thing is, no one ever eats it! We maybe nibble at it a bit, but at the end of the dinner, everybody's dishes are still full of red and green jello with gram crackers and whipped cream!

I love traditions!

No comments: