12/20/2009

christmas time

I just want you to know, that even though my tree is super skinny, it is gorgeous!!! I wish you could all see it this year. I got new decorations for my tree from my brother and sister last year (thank you!!!) and it has totally completed my tree. So since you can't see its wonders in person, here are some up close peeks...


This tree topper is so beautiful. I love that it adds such color and personality to the tree. There are lots of peacock feathers poking out at the top and through out the whole tree. I can't quite decide if I like them at the top or not.. for now, they're fabulous.


This is a pickle. My mom gave it to me last year with a little story that I can't remember right now. Once the pickle placed on the tree there is a race to see who can find it first, that will be a fun tradition when we have kids, for now it's green, it matches, so it's on!

These are some branches with the most elegant leaves I have EVER seen. I love them! They look so stunning.

Forgot to get close ups of the lovely, sparkly peacocks that are pearched on the branches! They are beautiful..


This is another new addition this year. I found these fuscia balls at the dollar store! I think they add great texture and color to the tree!


Of course my beautiful presents under the tree. I love tying little ornaments onto the presents.


To carry on my handmade Christmas theme, I had to have our ornaments of 2009 handmade. I was browsing through Anthropology's website when I saw these fantastic crocheted Jellyfish ornaments. At $16 a pop I thought I could do one better. My friend Julie, with her fabulous skills, made me these! They are so PERFECT!

Why Jellyfish you ask? Well, when Orrin and I were on our honeymoon at the Bahamas, we were snorkeling and I kept getting bit by little water skeeters.. or so I thought! Turns out I was getting stung by Jellyfish! The lifeguard told us that even if the tentacles are detached from their bodies they can still sting us. So were were a little terrified and I didn't want to go back in the water. Orrin convinced me, we just had to see the sing rays. So we went back in, holding hands and fearing for our lives. 2 minutes into our swim I saw a white transparent one, I screamed and we swam in the opposite direction.. then, Orrin swam right into one and got a big welt on his arm. I had about 5 small-medium welts by the time we ended our snorkeling adventure. Lets just say, Jellyfish scare the hell out of us!!


I have pictures of all my handmade goodies ready to share in just a few days! I worked hard and FINALLY finished it all last night. I hope my family enjoys it.

2 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

You are so creative! I love all of your ideas!!

Leslie said...

I'm excited to see you soon! Your tree is beautiful!