12/16/2009

this blog is boring, I know.

Give me a second chance. I've been busy. Work all day, then school all evening. A girls got to sleep too you know! But now, I've got a break and with that break I bring you this post.

I have some updates (or random things to type about) but not a lot.

Thanksgiving was in Ferron this year. We had had 4 solid days of relaxing, fun times. We visited grandparents and had Fillet Mignon's while everyone else was eating turkeys! We had Turkey the next day when the whole family could be together. Lots of wonderful food and some awesome sleep! I live for holidays so I can catch up on sleep.

Making a Handmade Christmas this year. I have some REALLY neat things happening at my house and I can't wait to share them all.

I'M FINALLY OUT OF SCHOOL.. until January 11th that is. I took all my finals, pretty sure I rocked all of them so now I can relax and enjoy the break. However, I haven't done the grocery shopping in quite some time and it feels a little strange to be roaming around Wal Mart again. I've got such a great husband who will pick up the slack when I'm slaving away at work and school. He's Life is totally unfair right?

I have read quite a few neat Christmas books this month. Best Christmas Pageant Ever, The Christmas Box and Christmas Jars. All are such great books. Now I'm reading Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, it is making me depressed a little. This sad girl with no friends and scabs on her lips.. I know how she feels.. I get cold sores and everyone stares at me.. Sometimes I want to hide in an old Janitors closet too.

We just got a Netflix account. We love it and should totally get compensated for all the times we talk about it to people. You get a free 14 day trial, which we did and have watched SO many movies. They have a ton online that you can watch instantly. A lot of them are older but still very good. It's only $11 a month for 1 movie out at a time, Blue Ray included, we can watch as many as we want that are online. If you have a PS3, which we do, they send a disc and you put it in and you can watch any of the online movies through that on the tv. It's so nice because our laptop is small, and our TV is big! YEAH! Anyways.. we watch a lot of movies via Netflix and are no longer Red Box fans. Our relationship with Redbox was great, we were faithful to each other for a long time. Then, out of no where, RedBox just kind of stopped trying. They became problematic and uncooperative. They were unwilling to provide us with what we really needed. We tried to make it work, but it just couldn't last. We cut the ties and moved on. We're happy now. The Lemons and NetFlix have a great relationship and it looks like it is going to last a long, long time.

I'm making chicken noodle soup tonight, from scratch, not the can. Go me. If I have time and courage, I'm making a loaf of bread too! Wish me luck.

Exciting huh?

2 comments:

Lyndy Butler said...

heres another "GO YOU" from me.
seriously Chicken Soup from scratch you are super woman! and a homemade Christmas has been one of my dreams for years. I was going to attempt it this year but chickened out. SO ya, you're cool!
and The Butlers have also cut our ties from redbox. We were redbox sluts for what seems like years. Now there is nothing left. not even our dignity.
and p.s. Love your blog, not even close to boring.

Stephanie said...

There is no question why we are friends. It is true love.