1/27/2008

president gordon b. hinckley

This lovely man, the prophet of the LDS church, has passed away.  He died of old age (97!) tonight at 7:00.  I was watching Extreme Home Makeover when ABC news came on with the breaking news.  Not the kind of breaking news I wanted to hear.  He was such a wonderful man.  He accomplished so many things in his life and during his presidency.  He dedicated more than 1/2 of the LDS temples on the earth. 

From March of 1995 until today, he was the prophet I knew and loved.  It is such a sad thing for this wonderful man to not be on this earth leading and guiding us.  Although, am absolutely thrilled that he is back with his wife that he loved and adored so much.  
It is only appropriate to make note this mans life.  If you are LDS or not, he deserves to be read about.  I suggest you do.  He has published books, and there are books published about him.  Check them out because he was a wonderful man!

No comments: