4/01/2008

birthday cake

It was my Leslie's (my sis in law) birthday on Sunday. She is married to my older brother Jeremy and they have 3 beautiful little boys. She is such a good mom and we love having her as member of our family. We are so lucky to have her. I wanted to do something special so I decided I would try to use what knowledge I have gained so far to make her a birthday cake. Her favorite color is purple and we just learned how to do Violets in class so I thought this cake was perfect.
When I asked her what kind of caked she wanted she said the kind with the pudding in it. Buy the "cook and serve" pudding and make it according to its directions. When its done, you pour it into your cake mix. However, you don't add anything else, ignore the cake mix directions. Cook it as normal and you have a very moist, spongy, tasty cake! It turned out really good on the inside.
After this cake I learned that anytime I make a cake I have to have natural sun light. You just can't beat that kind of brightness. I made this cake at night in the kitchen and the lighting isn't that great. The next morning I found a few little imperfections that I wish I could have fixed.
All in all, she loved it and thats all that matters. I will just keep making them and see what I can do!

No comments: