4/21/2008

changes

There are lots of decisions to be made for these little lemon slices in the next couple months.

Orrin is leaning towards going back to school and I am very anxious to have a husband with a degree. This man is a closeted genius and I can't wait to see what he can do with that brain of his. The fact that he wants to go to school brings up so many different possibilities and concerns. Where to go to school? He's leaning towards the U of U. I told Stephanie it was going to be interesting to see him there because that seems like such a prestigious school. When I think of that school I think of tall, skinny white boys walking around with man bags, black rim glasses and their iPods playing something far too deep and emotional for me. Orrins not tall or skinny and he wouldn't be caught dead with a man bag. I hope he doesn't get picked on. Poor little farm boy.

We may both be going back to school. Although, I can't settle on just one. I want to do hair. I have ALWAYS wanted to do hair. always. So I may do that. I may be just like every other Utah girl out there. Or I may go to college and get my bachelors. In what? who knows? Business? Fashion or Interior Design? Family Consumer Sciences? All sound SO good to me. Maybe I will start with cosmetology school and work my way through. I could do weddings. Sew the dress, do the hair, take the pictures and make the cake. Oh, what I would give to be that talented.

Now to be very grown up, think of how we pay for school and make it financially while we are there? I know there are ways.. everyone is doing it. With this question we are really praying and researching if the National Guard is the way for us to take our lives. We're going to set up another meeting to get all of our questions and concerns answered and taken care of. They will pay for school, give us a living salary and get Orrin started on a career. It sounds too good to be true if you take out the fact that he could be deployed to Iraq.
Come this August I could be an Army wife and Orrin could be a book worm solider.
Orrin knows the deal though. He promised that whenever we move we can get a dog. If he joins the National Guard then I get to have a baby. yikes. gotta love changes.

2 comments:

photography by Mikki said...

Oh how I love/hate big decisions like these...but I love that we don't have to make them alone- husbands make it great. Hope it all works out the way it should- you guys are such a great couple, and I can't wait to see what your baby lemons look like...someday!

Stephanie said...

Are you pulling strings with Orrin's National Guard decision=Babies.

Intense.

I like your intensity.