6/25/2008

one year

This picture was a few days after. My hand is placed funny so you can see my ring!

It was one year ago, yesterday, that Orrin proposed to me!

It was the day that I made the big move up to Provo so that we could be closer together. It was a long 3 hour drive. Orrin kept calling me every little while to see how close I was. He made me promise that I would call as soon as I got off the freeway. I just thought he was excited to see me!


When I got to his apartment he runs out to greet me. I wanted to carry in my things and he told me to come in and we would take care of it later. I thought he was acting really funny, but again, I thought he was just glad I was finally there. I walk in and there was a box from Panda Express on the table. He said that he picked me up some cream cheese rangoons (they are my favorite!) I thought that was weird.. It was a Sunday and why would he just pick them up for me? I got all nervous because I knew this was it! I knew I was going to open the box and my ring was going to be inside!
I open the box totally expecting a ring, and there wasn't one ... thats okay, there was my rangoons! (Orrin knew what I was thinking this whole time and was totally laughing on the inside).
We are sitting on the couch eating the goodness and Orrin opens up our fortune cookies and hands me mine. He reads his and tells me to read mine. (I always read my fortune, always!) So I break it in half and I couldn't see my fortune. I thought I got jipped.

I look a little closer and there was a little paper stuffed inside. I pull it out and it said, "Will you marry me?" I turn to look at Orrin and he was down on one knee, ring in hand! I was so excited! I just kissed him and hugged him, I didn't even give him my answer. So he said "Well, will you?" haha. I said yes and he put the ring on my finger.
We went up the stairs to his bed room and he had rose pedals all over the floor and there were 4 vases full of red roses. He turned on Ben Harpers, Forever and we shared our First (and last) dance.
It was so perfect for me! He knew just how to butter me up with rangoons and made it so special and personalized.

7 comments:

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

oh that's sweet. I hear your going to Vegas! fun. fun. I am excited to see everyone from good old High School. I am going to add you to my blog.. cool?

The Weston's said...

what a cute story- you guys are cute :)

Kody and Stacie Rogers said...

that is the cutest thing! I try to live through other peoples proposals because I never got one! So appreciate your cute husband! When are we going to have a lunch date!

Anonymous said...

ok. this story totally made me cry. you guys are perfect together!!

Unknown said...

What a great story... mine was akward at the beginning too, why is it that the guy cant just keep calm and be normal. I mean it is not like we are going to say no!

Stephanie said...

I remember this phone call very vividly. It was so exciting!

P.S. I'm always so glad that you remind me of my marriage milestones because yours happen just moments prior to mine. I love it!

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

that is an awesome story!! I remember last year when you had to move up, I thought I was staying up there too so we could be lame utah valley buds, but looks like it didn't work out.good luck with everything.