Hooray! Picking up free Internet. Can't complain there right?
I made it here safely. I was nervous the whole week and really nervous when I got here. I will be honest and say that this is a very diverse city. Walking around Wal Mart last night was nothing compared to the Bloomington Wal Mart. More like the Washington times 3. It was crowded and very different. The apartment complex is beautiful. Grassy areas with big lush trees. The building is a little older but kept nice. We have a small but good kitchen. The only thing I would complain about the apartment is the cabinets (old) and the shower (hotel style). I can deal. We have the option of painting the cabinets which I will totally take them up on. The carpet is nice and there is lots of storage.
We were offered help loading in our things by a man so take it the neighbors are nice enough. Only time will tell though. I feel fine. The city is going to be a big adjustment.
It was so great to see Orrin again. I missed having him hold me and feeling his big muscular body. I never want to be apart again.
So today when my brother and sister in law come with all our stuff, we are going to get it unloaded and hit up Raging Waters with Orrins sister Laurel, her BF Brant and some of his family. Its going to be a fun day.
Tomorrow we will settle in and take a drive to get familiar with our surroundings. Find my work so I am not late on Monday at 7:30 am (that the earliest I will have ever worked!).
3 comments:
Ok so where are you living?? Yeah, don't get me started on the Walmart's up here. I totally miss the Bloomington walmart. I dread ever going to any walmart here... get ready also for the Targets. None are as good as STG BUT the Sandy one (106 and state street) isn't so bad.
Karlee--Jer & I had so much fun. I loved the trip. So thank you for letting us help you. It helped us. Good luck getting moved in & settled!
Good to hear you made it up and are all moved in. How do you like it so far? We are planning on making a trip over to SLC in the next couple weeks, so we will have to call you and maybe we could go to dinner or something. Hope your first day at work is great. Good luck!
Post a Comment