8/07/2008

heres a random thought

In Breaking Dawn it really bothers me how Edward is shortening names. He calls Emmet, "Em" and Jasper, "Jazz." It bugs me everytime I read it. In the last books he was so old fashioned and talked that way a bit too. I don't remember him using nick-names for other before. dumb.

thats all.

4 comments:

The Weston's said...

agree- I seriously didn't get who Jazz was for a while

The Greens said...

Hi Karlee--

It's Christianne Green-- Leslie's sister. I had her talk to you about possibly making a tiger cake for Graci's birthday. Is that still a possibility?? I didn't think it would work because it would be hard to pick it up on Saturday with all the party plans, but it turns out my brother and sis-in-law will be in Salt Lake Sat. morning and could pick it up. If you can't do it-- it's TOTALLY fine, but could you let me know as soon as you get this? THANK-YOU either way... I was so impressed with your gallery of cakes!
Christianne
christi405@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE SLC! You will need to visit all the best places like Tony Caputos on 3rd S and 3rd W. Just below the Gateway one block east. Also for the best soup in the world you have to go to Big City Soup!!! There is one on Main Street across from Gallivan Plaza and just up from another favorite place, Sam Wellers Book store (you will need to set aside a few hours on a rainy day to go here, I think you will be hooked!) Oh and another must is the Greek Slouvaki (I can't spell in Greek... sorry) it is on like 4th N and 4th E. I think. (It might be 4th S.) Oh and there is this place called Gourmandise on 250 S. 300 E. They have pastries galore which are all to die for and their lunch is really good too. If you like Sushi skip the trendy Happy Sumo and go for Ichiban! There is another little pastry shop on South Temple that is called something like Mrs. Backers. Really good cookies and very elaborately decorated cakes and cupcakes. Avenues Bakery also on South Temple is pretty good too but a little on the pricey side. If you want a fun (and slightly expensive) date to a really gourmet and kind of fancy restarunt you have to go to Em's. It is located on Main Street and Vine??? Or Center. You turn on Main Street going towards the capitol building past Temple Square and before you get to the Capitol View Town homes (or something to that effect) turn left and it is on that street. (That is where Peter and I had one of our first dates!)

Ok well that is probably enough food recommendations... If you need more let me know and I will let you know of a few more that are not in downtown. (OH I almost forgot - The Red Iguana... on the west side of North Temple (like you are going to the airport taking North Temple.) It is a little shack on the right hand side. The food is to die for and there is always a huge line!

The Batistas said...

can i just say that i thought everyone was crazy for reading these foolish vampire books? ....THen i had nothing to read and bought the first one. Didn't put it down unless i had to, finished it in a day and 1/2. bout the second same day finnished in 2 so on and so on. a week later I am done with all 4!! It is amazing how addictive these things are!