SUCKED! Sorry for those of you who liked it but it was so lame. I was SO excited to see the movie. I went into the theater without very high expectations because I heard it was a low budget film. I should have gone in with my expectations a little lower. I knew it had a low budget and knew the special effects pretty much sucked but no one told me the acting was so terrible! Come on!!!!! Edward sucked and looked like he had some handicap half the time. Bella needed to close her mouth and breath through her nose every once in while. The kids in forks need to take their Ritalin (sp?). They were so hyper and all over the place. Mike was annoying to Bella in the book because he liked her so much and she wasn't in to him. He was never in her face annoying and hyper like that.
11/28/2008
twilight
If I hadn't read the book, I would have been lost and wondered why she all of a sudden Loved Edward. They left out some key parts that made the movie flow.
I seriously was so bored until the baseball scene. That was a good scene. The ballet studio was a good one too. The only two good acting parts were when Edward was leaving Bella so he could mislead James and he said, "You are my life now." That was his only good acting part. Bella was good at acting in pain when she was hurt in the studio. Other than that they both sucked. When Bella was in the hospital and Edward implied that he would be leaving or something and all she could do was stutter and say, "What.... no... why.... huh... stutter stutter stutter." SO LAME. AND her air tube by her nose was in her eyes then out of her eyes, then in her eyes again. It was in a different spot each shot they took.
It was interesting how Bella leads Edward out into the woods (which to me seemed like where two teenagers would sneak off to, to do the dirty) tells him she knows he is a vampire and he decides to divulge all of his secrets to her then and there. Runs supper fast, shows her his diamond skin and all that. Again, lame.
Wasn't Edward supposed to be old fashioned? Talk like the men used to talk to women? When Bella was washing her truck, Edward was all hyper and excited. Then when he drives her to school and he is wearing those ugly sun glasses. He knows everyone is envying each of them and so he smiles all cocky like and throws his arm around her. He's not like that in the book at all!
I realize that they can't fit a 500 page book into two hours, but they could have done better. They needed to establish the relationship better. Why would she be that drawn to someone she has only had 2 encounters with? I don't want to see it again. I don't want to purchase it. However, I will watch the second one just to see how much better it will be... if it is.
OH! What was with Edward climbing all those trees? That was dumb.
And when Edward brought Bella to the house for the first time, didn't Jasper look a little like Peewee Herman? Or a pedophile? Wait... one in the same right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me! I agree with EVERY point you made. I too had heard it was low budget so didn't expect much but was totally bored. I did however like the kissing scene but perhaps that was just my raging hormones. lol. Hopefully the sequel has a higher budget.
yeah I second that. It sucked but the books still rule. "What movie really can capture all the images our imaginations conjure up while buried deep in a book" Sir Cameron Dryg 2008. No reals though me and Tara were talking after game night and we both agree that we like Orrin. About the only thing we don't have in common with him are huge biceps and we don't rule at nertz. Firearms, conservatism, fitness, Orrin is cool. Why did they have to choose that psycho actress from Greys Anatomy that turned out to be a big ho and crazy to boot. Not a good impression to kick off the first movie of the series with.
Amen sister!
Post a Comment