12/05/2008

Excuse me, Sweetheart

We arrived in Wichita, Kansas today.  The flight was... interesting.  We got to the airport on time and picked our seats in the emergency aisle.  Extra leg room!  So as the flight attendants are walking up and down the aisle making sure everyone is buckled up for safety one of them stops at my row.  She bends down to get on my level and says, "Excuse me, Sweetheart?  How old are you?"   Orrin was sitting across from me and one row up, I just look over at him to see him laughing.  I look at the flight attendant with a very annoyed face.  She said, "Its not allowed for children to sit in the emergency exit."   I pretty much yelled at her, "I AM 22 YEARS OLD!"  

My dad thought he would be funny and inform the flight attendant that he was my father and I was lying to her, I really am 16.  What a nice way to start my flight.  I do not look like a CHILD!  

  I just got back from a drive around the town with Josh and my parents.  This town is so cute and fun.  Lots of old houses and even some cobblestone streets.  Its time to get ready for the cast party and tomorrow is the show, "Celebrate."  Can't wait to meet all of Joshuas friends and see the life he has made for himself here.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my heavens Karlee. I rarely laugh out loud when I'm by myself. SO funny! I know you don't think it's funny, but with all those stories about you and how young you look this one just tops it off! HAHA Thanks for the laugh.

The Batistas said...

I'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing WITH you! This is so funny! Lucky you got the exit row... we can't ever sit there BECAUSE of our children:) and Vic really needs it haha. hope your trip goes safe and well!

Manda Lynn said...

So my phone is broken and I can't text, BUT here is your answer: Technically, a flight attendant could have you kicked off her plane for calling her a bitch as long as she got the permission of the captain. I've had a captain that wanted to kick a guy off the flight because he called me an idiot once, but I was nice and let him fly. I'm generous like that.