12/07/2008

wichita!

I am sitting at the air port waiting for our plane back to the real world and I thought this would be a perfect time to update. I love technology. I have our Sprint aircard and can get the internet wherever. Its so nice.
We arrived in Wichita at about 1:00 in the afternoon. Josh was so happy to have us there and show us around his town. He has made some really great friends here and everyone seems to just love him.
This is Orrin and Karman. Joshes friend Mark painted her. He is so talented.

After he picked us up at the air port Josh took me as well as my mom and dad and drove us around to show us the sights. There are some beautiful old homes here and even cobble stone streets! Its crazy to think that in Utah a small home can be purchased for about 250,000 and here in Kansas you can buy a very LARGE beautiful home. The economy is so different here.

This is what we love to do. Hang with the family.

The first night we were there it was the cast party for all those in the show. Josh conceived, directed and choreographed the show "Celebrate!" for MTYP (Musical Theater for Young People). It was a fun cast party. All the kids just love Josh and all the Parents had such nice things to say about him. Some of the boys in the cast are in a band and played at the party. There were really good and all the girls LOVED them.


After the cast party we went to eat at Playa Azuel... it was a Mexican restaurant that Josh and his friends go to all the time. Really yummy and everyone there knew him.

After dinner we drove around and looked at the Christmas lights. It was FREEZING outside. Kansas is seriously colder than SLC right now. However, I handled the cold long enough for a picture or two. This house was AMAZING. It was so much better in person and so festive.


The next day, after we slept in and ate some very tasty breakfast, some of us went out on the town. We went to some shops and then looked at the neat houses again.

This is my crazy family peeking through the windows of a house that was for sale.

That night was the show! Everyone was so excited to go see the outcome of all of Joshuas hard work. I wasn't supposed to take pictures but I sneaked quite a few. Besides, I was a special friend of the choreographer!

The show was so good. These kids are all ages but the oldest was proabably 17. They did such a good job with all the songs and costume changes. It was such a good show.

All that came minus mom and dad. Yes Orrins eyes are closed but did you expect anything else?

After the show we met a lot of people. Everyone just wanted to meet Josh's family and say how much they love him and all he does. Sami lived here for the Summer and loved seeing all of the friends she made. It was a great night.
Afterwards we went home and had desert and talked about the show. It has been such a fun trip. I was so glad that we went. I got to meet all of these wonderful people and see Josh's new house and even his dog, Biscuit!

Now we have a long trip ahead of us to get back to Salt Lake. Tomorrow its work bright and early in the morning, then after that I have to work at F21. It's going to be a long Monday...

2 comments:

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

Nice one Orrin... hope you guys had fun in kansas!

The Weston's said...

ha ha - the one of Orin and the boob is priceless.