It's been a while since the last time I posted anything. We've just been so busy with life.
Friday we went to a reception for a girl I attend school with. She's a cutie. Her wedding colors were, "purple and sparkle." Two of her favorite colors. I especially love "Sparkle." haha. It was a fun reception. That night we just relaxed and watched the new James Bond movie.
Saturday we went to the gym then Orrin had to work that afternoon. He picked up a part time job at Emerald City Smoothies. Apparently he gets lots of tips there! Sweet! Raises that hourly wage quite a bit.
My mom and sister came up for the Easter weekend. They finally got here about 3:30 in the afternoon. We did some thrift shopping that afternoon. I keep a list of places I want to go on my fridge. It was nice to actually have someone to go to them with! I am the only one who bought something, an antique baby scale for my future nursery. Orrin thinks it's pointless but he doesn't understand the way my creative mind works.. or decorations for that matter.
I was supposed to take pictures of my cousins family that evening but the weather was working against us. Dang it! It's okay, we rescheduled.
After Orrin got of work and we were done thrifting my mom treated us to an early birthday dinner at the Macaroni Grill. We tried for the Cheesecake Factory but it was slammed. WAY to many high school prom goes and sweet bro's hanging around. The Macaroni Grill is my new favorite place to eat. For peoples birthdays a waiter would sing some fabulous Italian song to them and give them a beautiful flower. I didn't want it done to me but it was great to listen to the music as I ate as much of their bread as I possibly could. I even snuck a loaf home!
Sami let me practice my hair cutting skills on her. Just an inch or two, but it was good practice.
My mom brought birthday gifts with her. I started on this quilt, oh, about a year ago. I did the whole center portion by myself and all the yo-yo's for the pillow. My mom did the edge and binding on the quilt and the rest of the pillow case! She had it stitched in this lovely paisley stitching that matches the theme of the quilt. It's SO LOVELY!
Easter Sunday we went to church, we only had 2 little ones in nursery. Once Orrin left for priesthood, one little girl missed him so much she started crying and I couldn't calm her down. It sure was sad and I sure felt like a failure.
We at yummy Chicken cordon Blue for super and then went and spent a few hours walking around Temple Square. It was a lovely way to spend our Easter Sunday.
We at yummy Chicken cordon Blue for super and then went and spent a few hours walking around Temple Square. It was a lovely way to spend our Easter Sunday.
The weekend ended far too soon. It was great to see some of my family! Wish they didn't have to go so soon!
I can't believe it's already Monday and I am sitting here at boring work!
2 comments:
Love the quilt! Its adorable. You are def. talented!
Hey K!!! Im sorry I missed you too. friday evening was a joke and I was going nuts so I totally forgot to call you. I hope we can see each othe some time soon. I still want you to do Coop's pics and maybe a family one of the two of us????? Any who... I have decided what I want to go to school for! I know what I want to be when I grow up! Want to know? Im going to major in photography!
Post a Comment