5/22/2009

Memorial Weekend

This has been the kind of weekend we needed.  Since school is every week night for me and Orrin works a part time job, our weekend didn't start until 10:00 at night.  

I was very excited to see my mom and meet my new little cousin Truman.  He's so cute!

after the Holt family reunion we headed on over to Orrins brothers house for our nieces 1st birthday BBQ.  A lot of the Lemons were there and it was a fun late family night.

Sunday after church we headed up to Antelope Island. I have nvever been there before and thought it was so fun.  There were a ton of buffalo that we were able to get really close to.  The scenery was wonderful and there were some neat old buildings with some way old artifacts in them.  Mom, you would LOVE this place.

This was the only Antelope we saw on Antelope island. 

Our last stop on Antelope Island was the beach. It was beautiful there, especially because of the cloudy day. It made all the colors pop.  *Interesting fact.  The sand is made out of Brine Shrimp poop. haha.

We broke the sabbath and went hot tubbing.  The girls spent at least an hour in there visiting.  Then we ordered some pizza and watched the Changling.  Sad movie and I don't recommend it because of that.  I can't stand sad movies.

Today we woke up late and went to the gym. I worked out hard core style and am in pain from it.  After we got home we did some amazing team cleaning and our apartment is sparkling clean.  

This week I'm only working 3 days because Friday we're headed down to St. George for Samis Pageant. I'm so excited to see my family (nephews!!) and see Sami in all her glory.  I hope I can find some time to visit some friends and see Cam and Easton. I sure do miss them.

2 comments:

Jan said...

love the beach photo- it looks like something out of a magazine..

Leslie said...

We're so excited to see you too!