10/29/2009

for my #1 fan.

I was recently asked to blog. It has been a long time since my last post and I know I have been slacking, I am sorry for that, just NOTHING has been going on in my life. However, I was asked to blog! So I got into my iPhoto and scrounged up some pictures to talk about and hopefully those will spark my memory on interesting/fun things to tell you...

So, Mrs. Stacie Rogers, I dedicate this post to you!


A few weekends ago, before the cold and snow, I wanted to drive up a canyon (any canyon) to take pictures in the beautiful fall leaves. So after the morning session of General Conference we got in the car and headed up the road. Before we hit the Canyon base, my dear sweet husband realized that he was hungry and needed to eat at least 2 hours before the gym.. so he had to eat SOON!

* Side story... Our lives revolve around the gym. Not like that's all we do, I mean I because it is all Orrin ever does. What I mean by that is we have to plan our meals and day around gym time. We have to eat at least 2 hours prior to gym time. 2 hours is sufficient time for the food to digest. Gym time can't be before 4:00, if it were, the food wouldn't be digested. It's preferably at 5:00. After the gym it is mandatory to get home and get a Protein shake or else!! You see what I mean? Totally revolves around the gym. BTW, I don't hate the gym, I only have time to go on Fridays and Saturdays but when I go, I'm totally hard core. You should see my biceps.... huge!


So I decided that we would just make it a quick trip up the canyon. We didn't go far enough to see any beautiful leaves but there was a neat hillside of these rocks! Rocks cool... so we snapped a few pictures and headed back down to get some grub. GYM TIME!


Other than that..


  • I FINALLY made some friends up here. I have been friends with these girls since January but we have never done anything outside of school. That all changed last week. Julie, Shari and I got together and went to the Haunted Village at the Pioneer Village. It was So good and scary. I highly recommend it to all of you. Orrin and I are going tomorrow!
    Anyways, it was SO fun and I finally feel like I have made some good girl friends. it only took me a year and a half!

  • I took a trip down to STG the other week, alone. Orrin planned the trip around his work schedule and then his work schedule changed and he couldn't go. Well I had worked it out with my teachers and midterms and work and decided, I NEEDED this 3 day weekend so I went alone. It was good to visit family and friends for a bit.

  • I still hate my job. Really bad. It gives me anxiety. When I sit at work with nothing to do, I browse interior design blogs, photographer blogs and then I get to thinking, "Why am I here at work? I have so much to do and so much I want to learn and make! I should be doing all of the neat ideas and projects I see online! I should be practicing photography!" Then I get all shaky and start to freak out at work! It's not good.
    However, as much as I hate it.. I LOVE the silly outfits my boss wears. This week she came in with a white dress shirt, vest, 1920's gangster style hat and a tie. The tie had looney toon characters on it. I don't know about you, but for me it's VERY hard to take someone seriously when they have Bugs Bunny draped in between their boobs.

  • Last week after my oh-so-fun girls night at the Haunted Village Orrin met up with us and Julies husband for a little Grub. After that and late night chatting we headed home. On our way home we have to drive over and overpass. Whenever I go home for lunch there are always cops at the bottom of the hill waiting to ticket the speeders. EVERY time we drive up that hill it's easy to get going 45 mph.. the speed limit is 35 mph. Well, since we were in separate cars, my little love-dove didn't have me to remind him of the cops. He was pulled over and ticketed for 5 over. We were doing SO well with not having any speeding tickets. It's been 2 years since either of us have been ticketed and now he blew it!!! Well, we had a little argument about how much the ticket would be. he thought it wouldn't be more than $60, "It's only 5 over!" I told him, "No, dear, it will be at LEAST $80 but I'm guessing $90." He said "No Way! it wont be $90 for 5 over!" and guess who was right? Just Guess! That speeding little shit lost us $90!

  • Yesterday was a special day at school. We all got to dress up for Halloween and bring goodies to eat. I wasn't really planning on dressing up but I was convinced by the girls so I went to 3 different stores to round up Pirate supplies. Neither Wal-Mart or Target had ANY pirate stuff! So once I found my patch I did a little Beadazzling of my own. Isn't it so sexy? I was a sexy Pirate....obviously.

    I hope you enjoyed my blog post Stacie. Hopefully it will tie you over for the next month!Teasing, I've got a fun weekend planned so there will be more fun pictures to come. Check back in 2 weeks!

5 comments:

Kody and Stacie Rogers said...

LOVED IT. Thanks. It made me happy to see my name in it, so exciting. Well all my friends left st. george about 2 years ago, and I still haven't made any new ones. I'm like the best catch in this town you'd think SOMEONE would want to be my friend! HA. I guess I'm sending out all the wrong vibes! So good job on making friends. I'm impressed. Thanks for the post, can't wait for the next one!

Stephanie said...

Karlee: I love your husband's blue jacket and would totally marry a hotty with that sweet of a coat.

Stacie: Hello, I'm Stephanie. I am a good friend of Karlee's, but I left her stranded in Salt Lake to come back to St. George. I know your husband...like him a lot. I am enlisting you as my new friend (all mine moved too, it sucks)

Leslie said...

yay for a new post!

Benjamin said...

I love the blue jacket!

Zac & Sarah said...

Love the bedazzled eye patch!!! Freakin' sexy! By the way, I have made friends now too! It took me six months to meet them, and probably another 6 months to hang out with them. Good times! It just seems way harder to make friends in a new place and in the married boat. :( Glad you made friends! And I'm glad you have such natural talent in bedazzling!