We took a 3 day trip down to Ferron to visit the Lemons last weekend. Whenever we visit Ferron I can count on going shooting. On Friday while everyone was at work and school, Orrin and I went out into the snow filled desert so he could sight in his scope. He set up a metal plate 300 yards away and could hit it every time. He was so proud that at 100 yards he had all of the holes were within a half an inch! Once my toes were about to fall off we headed back. That afternoon we ate lunch at the Grub Box. If you haven't been to the Grub Box, you need to! It's Ferrons, Frost Top or The Maxx if you will. Those fries.. I could eat those fries with an Oreo shake every day of my life. I really could. yumm.
Friday evening we went over to visit Grandma Arlene. We headed down to the Coal room with Orrins dad so he could change the filter in the heater and let us know if there really was a ghost down there. Yup, there is.
It's always a history lesson of some sort when we go there. I love it. We looked at old photos of Orrin's Grandpa Ralph and even some of his old knifes from WWII and such. Awesome.

On Saturday we went shooting again, only this time, we switched it up a little. Since we had so much fun shooting clay pigeons in St. George, we decided to pick some up and do it in Ferron too! Orrins dad has an old pigeon thrower that we took out. The boys had a lot of fun shooting the birds and even a little squirrel (sad). Orrins mom was totally cool shooting Orrins new gun one handed. haha.. I love her stance.

We spent Saturday night in Price eating out and doing a little shopping. Price is trashy.. I don't care who you are... It's not a place I ever care to live. The same white trash family that was out to eat when we were (seriously, Camo clothing, unwashed hair, JNCO jeans.. the works), I saw them walking around Walmart when we were there after dinner! Does that make us white trash too? Oh, I hope not! We're not.. I promise.
Sunday I spent a lot of time scanning in old photos of Orrin growing up. There were some pretty awesome ones.. like the cowboy one I posted a couple days ago and this cute one. This is orrin and his old cat Colonel Mustered. Colonel lived for a good 20 years. When Orrin saw this picture he said, "Do you think I'll be able to see Colonel in heaven?"

Before we headed back to SLC we stopped at Orrin's Gordon grandparents in Huntington. It was his Grandpas birthday. He is a neat guy. When Orrin's mom told him they would watch Grandma for a couple days (she's got some health problems) while he went down to Mesquite to Golf he got so excited. Orrin's mom asked him if he had any friends he could go down with and he said, "Oh, I'm just thinking of the women I know who golf!" haha.

Before we headed back to SLC we stopped at Orrin's Gordon grandparents in Huntington. It was his Grandpas birthday. He is a neat guy. When Orrin's mom told him they would watch Grandma for a couple days (she's got some health problems) while he went down to Mesquite to Golf he got so excited. Orrin's mom asked him if he had any friends he could go down with and he said, "Oh, I'm just thinking of the women I know who golf!" haha.
School started on Monday. Orrins got a hectic schedule this semester I think. It's going to take a little bit of time getting back into the school routine.
I'm starting Esthetics this semester. I'm pretty excited to start learning about it.. but I'm not excited about not being able to shave anything for 2 weeks (we've got to have hairy bodies to practice waxing on!).
So my brother in law had my name for Christmas and he finally paid up! I got supplies to start stamp starving! So I tried it out last night and I did this:
So my brother in law had my name for Christmas and he finally paid up! I got supplies to start stamp starving! So I tried it out last night and I did this:
Tonight I wanted to try something a little more detailed and fun. I have a little owl scrapbook decal thing on my wall so used it as a model.. I drew it by freehand on the stamp then carved away. One cut on my thumb later and I got this beauty:
2 comments:
I love the owl stamp! So cute!
That place is haunted!
Post a Comment