2/11/2010

because he checks up

The other day Orrin mentioned that there hasn't been anything new on the blog for a while. I figure if he can find the time away from homework, the gym, making a mess of his crap by the couch and his PS3 to check the blog.. I might as well have something here for him to read right?
Hi Love!

This semester is a rough one. Rough for me because I don't get home from school until after 10:00 and I wake up before 6:30. Rough becausemy thighs are starting to chub up again because I don't get enough sleep and I'd rather nap then go to the gym. Rough for Orrin because his teachers don't like to teach from the book or teach the same material they are to be tested on. Rough because Orrin spends all of that time he's not at the gym, making a mess of his crap by the couch, playing his PS3 or checking the blog, teaching himself what he should be learning in class. Rough because both of us have a slightly larger load at school this semester and we are working that much less.

I'm excited to be in Esthetics this semester. I feel like windows are being opened. I love what I'm learning so much right now, I'm considering staying in school another semester or so just to get my Masters Esthetics license. After 2,000 hours of school, thats a huge deal. I want to be able to have a wide range of things I can offer. I don't want to just "do hair." I want to continue doing straight razor shaves and I want to do make up and nails. I want to be so much more than you average "hair stylist." I don't want to be like every other blonde, Utah girl. So, I'm excited to be in esthetics this semester.

I hosted a Girls Night for some of my friends at school at my humble abode last Saturday. It was
so fullfilling. We had serious talks, fun talks, made pizza, laughed a lot and I introduced my new friends to "Dirty Snatch" (if you don't know about this game.. you don't know me as well as you thought). It was great to get to know some of the girls a little better. I feel like I have a few more close friends after that night.
The whole week before Orrin just didn't know what he was going to do with himself. "Why are you kicking me out of my own house?!" "What am I supposed to do?" "When can I come home?" I think he ended up having fun at his sister Laurels playing the Wii with our Brother in law. He didn't come home until after midnight!

Orrin and I are headed down to Saint George this weekend for the "Traditional" (Orrin hates the word or anything to do with TRADITION!!!) parade of homes!! It's a 3 day weekend so I hope I can squeeze in all that I want to do this weekend. I plan to see some fabulous homes, spend time with my wonderful friends and lovely family. Phone conversations aren't enough and I have a feeling my nephews will get too heavy to pick up and run around with soon. I want to make some little stuffed elephants with my little sister and tint some eyelashes with my other sister. It's Valentines weekend but making this trip is all the gift I need. I miss my sunny St. George life.. especially on days like today when I wake up to find 3 inches of snow on my car.



Did you enjoy reading love? Now, will you please clean up your pile by the couch? love ya!

3 comments:

The Weston's said...

ahhh man! We LOVE LOVE LOVE the Parade of Homes...

Leslie said...

Yay an update!
I'm looking forward to you coming down too!
And I'm exited to try the tinting thing--one of my friends REALLY wants to do it too--possible?

Zac & Sarah said...

DIRTY SNATCH!!!!! I told my school friends about it too! We have yet to play it, but I miss!!! Love you! And I miss St. George too... :(