2/16/2010

stg recap.

We went down to St. George for the long weekend. It couldn't have gone any better.. seriously, amazing.

First off, we chatted the night away with my mom and sami and even decorated some Valentines cookies. We headed to bed earlier then planned because our dear friend, Mr. Hulet, was willing to do our taxes for us, but it had to be at the crack of freaking dawn! Jk, more like 8:30. So we showed up a little late, he took off to Home Depot (they are in the middle of Landscaping) so we hung out with steph for a few moments and then ended up at Home Depot to help out with this:

(notice the matching jackets in this picture? cute!)

Spent a few minutes trying to figure out the best way to get this pipe home. I voted for putting it through the sun roof but no one else though that was a good idea. I still think it was the best.
Yeah, it was fun and full of laughs.

After he finished our taxes and got us kick-A tax refund, seriously, amazing tax refund, Orrin stayed to help landscape and I headed home to play with my adorable nephews.

That evening Sami and I headed to a few of the homes in our traditional Parade of Home ventures.. the only difference this year is that there was SUN, not rain. All part of the reason the weekend was Amazing.

That night, the Hulets and the Rogers came over. I've been friends with Kody for quite a few years now and have been "blog friends" with his adorable wife Stacie for a while.. it was great to finally meet her in person. I guess it was actually a second meeting because she was in my geology class way back when at Dixie.
Anyways.. we played Pop 5 and had a blast until Benly decided to throw something at Steph, hitting her tooth and laughing about it.. great job Benly! jk.. it was kind of funny.

So, since the gaming got too dangerous we ventured out to find a park with a hill to "Orbe" it up. Check out the photos, it explains the hysterically fun time that we had.

Step 1: Blowing up the "Orbe."


Step 2: climbing inside, freaking out a little and then finally finding the guts to secure yourself inside.
Step 3: Have two strong men give it a big push down the hill:

Step 5: Laugh hysterically/crap your pants.. whichever reaction you get from tumbling down a hill inside a plastic bubble.



Steph 6: Re establish and establish awesome friendships over laughs, cold toes and trespassing on the Sun Brook golf course.


Sunday we were totally church ditchers.. I don't even feel bad about it to be honest. Orrin and I made breakfast crepes and said our "love you's" then eventually got ready for the day. We went to some more homes and got some awesome ideas. We spent most of the day relaxing at home and watching TV online. Modern Family has a special place in my heart.
After our V-day family dinner Orrin convinced me to go check out a Bull Terrier puppy that was for sale. We saw, he loved, I said, "hell no. that things is fugly."

That evening we played more with my adorable nephews.. see, adorable.

They love to play with their uncle Orrin. seriously, they LOVE him. Orrin tried giving them a little science lesson about static electricity! They laughed but loved it when I put it under my shirt and was pregnant. Trey kept saying, "born it!" born it"


Monday was full of fun.
Got my mom up and going and she came to some houses with us in the morning. That afternoon I went to Leslie's house to tint her eyelashes and a couple of her friends. It ended up being way fun and she now wants to throw a "Pampering party" and do lash/brow tinting and some waxing.. so I'm planning another trip down there soon! ( if anyone's interested in the SLC area, let me know.. I'm still a student so the prices are at least HALF what you'd pay in the salon., but I'm good at what I do, promise.)

After that, what do you know, I caved, we forked out some of that kick-A tax refund and picked us up one of these:


Can you believe it, I'm a big caver, push-over, chump and a fool! However, his silly looks have gotten to me. Besides the fact that his eyes look like Richard Gere's, I think I like him. We can all tell Orrins happy, notice the smile in this picture, yeah, that NEVER happens.


We drove around town showing him off and buying him supplies, met up with Steph one last time and introduced her to Phil, our new Bull Terrier puppy. Mixed reactions about our new addition. My parents think we're crazy, especially my dad. My mom is NOT a dog person but I could tell she was warming up to him a bit. Orrins mom thinks he's awesome and everyone else just asks, "Why would you buy such a large rat!?"

We were rushed to get out of town on time.. doing some last minute hair cuts, loading our stuff and tracking down my keys, but we eventually hit the road. Not before saying hello to my long lost friend Trish. We chatted it up for about 8 minutes before we both had to get going. It was great to finally see her.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you noticed Orrins sweet new hair cut. Well, I was working really hard trying to give him a masterpiece and he kept moving. I told him to hold still so I wouldn't mess up and he'd wiggle his head just to make me mad. Well, after the second time I was fed up with his childish behavior so I just buzzed right through the middle of his head. Don't mess.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Weekend of fun, I'll tell you. Pretty much loved every minute of it, minus the stupid tooth part. We can thank the Orb for salvaging the night.

Zac & Sarah said...

DOG!!! Fabtastic! I don't think he's ugly! I think he's adorable, aside from his name. But the name is sorta dorky, which makes him more adorable. Love it.
And I want tinted eyelashes... One day when I'm rich and can afford to pay you. ;) LOVES!

Leslie said...

It was so fun to see you guys.
I'll let you know asap when I get responses from all of my friends!

The Weston's said...

you make me laugh... first about the dog!!! LOL. Caver...

Kody and Stacie Rogers said...

Thanks for the game night at your house, and calling me adorable! Can't wait for your next trip down!!!

Senor Boyero said...

I'm still waiting for you to put Kiss make up on that dog.

Also, I think I know what to get Michelle for her birthday. She loves balls!

Angie Jones said...

My son has that sesame street book and LOVES it!