3/27/2010

all about Phil

This weekend we decided to get outside and enjoy some sun! We took Phil to Memory Grove Park. It's so pretty there. We had been once before but didn't wander up the path, we just stayed in the open area with all the photographers (seriously, there were 3 last time we were there).

We walked up the road but noticed all the dogs were on the other side of the stream. We kept walking hoping to find a bridge but never did, we we hopped over on the rocks and climbed up a hill and were on the other side. 100 ft further, there was a bridge. haha.


Phil found this cute dog as his friend for a few minutes. I think he's so cute.. sad looking, but so cute.

After Phil rough housed it with another little puppy for about 15 minutes we decided to take him down to the dog park by Liberty park. There's always a ton of dogs there and he just loves it. He gets so exhausted whenever we leave there. It's so nice to have a little break from the hyper puppy. Anyways.. he's growing so fast and so big. He's pretty much house trained. No accidents for a long time.. except for this morning.
Last night at 1:30 he was moaning and groaning and Orrinw as at work (i know, bummer, I hate sleeping alone) so I had to take him out. He RAN down the stairs and let it all out. I FINALLY fell back asleep. Orrin took him out again when he got home at 3:00 a.m. Then 5:30 rolls around and Phil is groaning AGAIN! I couldn't imagine he had to go outside again so I just stuck him in the kitchen. Bad mistake. He jumped over his crate and took a big dump right on the mat inside the front door. So gross. He's sick. I dont know why.. maybe it was the eggs I let him eat late last night.
Eggs aren't as bad as what Orrin gave him last week! Orrin was eating little chicken wing appetizers and gave one to Phil. Phil swallowed the chicken and it's bones in one gulp! So, cooked bones are bad, the splinter inside. We were nervous, fed him lots of eggs and rice to help cushion the bone. A lot of online sources said to feed them cotton balls! Well, he had the runs for a few days but seems to be doing fine. Never did pass the bone, orrin thinks he digested it. It was kind of scary. we kept thinking he was going to have to have surgery to remove the bone. Glad we can save some $$ there.

We're moving next week! Pretty excited about it. Excited to have the extra space for the same price. Excited that I don't have to deal with loud or creepy neighbors or deal with the parking at an apartment complex.

I'm SO sick of school. Seriously ready for this semester to be OVER. I dont know if it's my teacher (she's getting on my nerves lately.. we have 2 teachers and it's only one of them so thats good) or what. Maybe it's the fact that now I registered for a crash course class that I was told I didn't have to take, but now I am told that I do (don't trust the counselors at a community college, they don't know what they're talking about) . So during my semester break, I'll be in class. So no break for me. I hate that idea.


What a lame post, sorry, all about poop, stupid school and chicken bones.

On a good note, my boss is out on vacation for a solid week! Hip Hip!

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

I liked your post Karlee. I talked to Orrin yesterday, I was hoping to con you guys into hanging with us this weekend but it sounds like you are really busy. Sorry we weren't there to help you move.

Rachael said...

Way cute dog!!

The Thornleys said...

Hey, I went to school with Orrin, and I check your blog occasionally. Anyways, I laughed when I read about the chicken bone. We had a lab that ATE a nylon dog leash. Like 2 feet of it. We thought that she would just poop it out. But we never saw it. 2 weeks later, she threw it up! HONESTLY. I couldn't believe it! LOL. Crazy dogs!