4/17/2010

lots of happenings

Phil was due for his shots and we thought we'd give them to him on our own this time rather than going to the vet. and by "we" I mean Orrin. There was no way I was going to stick that needle in Phil. However, if you would have asked me the next week when he broke my brand new phone, I totally would have stuck him hard with a needle!!!


Last week we moved a few blocks east of our apartment complex. We're still in the same ward and everything but it's a duplex and we've got an extra bedroom and a yard for phil! So if you ever wanna stop in, we've got a room for you and an air mattress for you to sleep on! Also, we're gonna get a BBQ and we can hang out in our yard!

Our front room was a big mess for a solid week. We FINALLy got things put away. There's still a few things left to find a place for but it's finally presentable.

We took Phil to the dog park today to let him go play. There was a family with a very large dong and a little girl there, like 2 years. A bunch of the dogs were over playing near the little girl and since Phil loves kids and loves to jump on them.. Orrin started walking over there just in case. Well Phil was walking around with a few other dogs and the big dog (the little girls dog) attacked Phil and another dog, pushing them up against the fence. The other dog got away but Phil was pinned and got a huge bite mark. Orrin, luckily was close by, and kicked the big dog so hard to get him off of Phil. I felt so bad for him. Poor puppy wasn't even doing anything! People shouldn't bring their babies to the park to wander around and they certainly shouldn't bring their aggressive dogs.
We havne't ever taken a picture of both of us with Phil so yesterday while we were sitting there I grabbed the computer and took some from there..



This is our new back yard. We share it with another family but they don't come out very much. They do have an adorable little girl we met the other day. Phil LOVES the grass. He runs around and plays with the dogs on the other side of the fence. Half the time he's just basking in the sun.
Notice the dirt area? Well, we're going to plant a garden there this week. We've been thinking about planting a garden for a while then today in church we attended a new emergency preparedness class and all we talked about was how to start a garden. So now we're really excited about getting it going.


Orrin found a huge pile of tiny ants outside our door and decided to take care of them the fun way. haha.. I think he went through a whole can of cooking spray.


The semester is almost over which is nice but I am taking a crash course class during the semester break so I won't even have a break until after summer semester! I'm tired just thinking about it.
Next weekend I'm headed down to Vegas with some girls from school to attend a Hair Show. I don't really know what to expect.. to be completely honest, I'm more excited to go birthday shopping at H&M than I am the hair show!

5 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

that dog of yours is so cute!

Senor Boyero said...

Orrin and I both like to use fire to solve problems. How did you come up with the name Phil?

Samantha Dawn said...

I think its one of the names I suggested when orrin said he wanted an old english type of name hahah weird dog, fun house cant wait to visit!

Zac & Sarah said...

a few comments for my lovely Karlee.

1) I badly want to come see your new place.

2) I BADLY want to come see your little Phil.

3) Nixon got attacked buy a dog the other day too!! He has a whole in his butt cheek now. :( Freaking mean dogs. Phil's looks bad though, on his beautiful face too..

4) This is my childish side. You know I'm pretty much the most immature person ever, so deal with it. At the beginning of the paragraph where you're talking about the dog park, you said the people have a little girl and a big DONG. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course I think the typo is HILARIOUS! I'm 8 freaking years old inside, give me a break.

5) I LOVE YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!

karlee said...

I was throwing all sorts of names out to see if Karlee liked them or not. I started naming bodybuilders, one of which is named Phil Heath. Karlee liked it so it stuck.

Sarah, I'm glad you pointed that typo out, ha ha.

From Orrin