4/27/2010

IECSC 2010

This past weekend I went down to Las Vegas with some friends from school for the International Beauty Show and Esthetics Convention. It was a blast..

(Me, Julie, Natalie, Katy)

This is us on Saturday morning before we left my parents house for Vegas.

As soon as we got into the convention room Katy and I were overwhelmed with excitement. Seriously, it was so cool. TONS of vendors and booths full of make up, brushes, wax, spa equipment and supplies, spray tanning, eyelash extensions, facial products and the list goes on.


We spent a good 3 hours on the Esthetics side looking and buying lots of goodies before we took a break for lunch. We didn't sit long because we still had the Hair side to go check out. This side wasn't as impressive as the esthetics because there weren't as many vendors and the ones that were there, a lot of them were the same. A lot of the retailers that we were hoping to be there, weren't. No O.P.I.! no nail polish for me! Rats.. I was seriously looking forward to that.

After the convention, we went to eat at the Cheesecake factory and got right in, can you believe that? There's always at least a 30 min wait at the Las Vegas one. After our scrumptious meal, we headed on down to H&M for a little retail therapy (Like we hadn't had enough that afternoon). I love H&M.


We got back to St. George super late but most of us were able to sleep in. I of course woke up at 8:00 totaling 6 hours of sleep that night. I wanted to get in as much family time as possible. Leslie came over with my nephews and we had crepes in the morning. I did a little face waxing on family while my friends entertained my nephews. They sounded like they were having lots of fun downstairs.
Before we left I took the girls up the the Red Hill to make out.. oh I mean.. just to show them around. It was the prefect length of a hike for us all. Beautiful views of my home town.


I didn't want to go but eventually, it was time to leave. It was such a fun weekend out with the girls and I seriously can't wait for next years convention when I'm out of school and ready to start buying supplies for my career!

No comments: