2/13/2011

i'm back....



I've been asked by a few of you for an update for entertainment or just to keep tabs on the happenings of the Lemons. Sorry to tell you this won't be very exciting! I guess I left off after October. So I'll pick up in November:

Thanksgiving in STG this year. Here we are. 100+ members of the Holt clan. This year was a lot of fun.
As we were driving back to SLC Sunday we didn't get very far. The roads were closed even before Cedar and we heard they were much worse the further north we got. We decided to turn around and spend another night in STG. I was a worry bug because that Monday I was supposed to start my new job and the SLC Court. (I transferred from West Jordan to SLC). Luckily, Mr Hulet was able to look up State Employees and got me my bosses phone number and I was able to call and explain. Didn't start out on a good foot but I'm a great worker so I'm sure she's been able to look past that day!

December we finally got a break from school. It was such a needed break after that long semester. I think it was Orrins hardest semester. Christmas was spent in Ferron with the Lemons.

After a full day of laying around the house, we decided to get up and do a little Christmas Zumba. Laurel, Orrins sister, is a certified instructor and taught all the girls a little Zumba fun at the church Christmas night. It was the start of a fun tradition.
Christmas was great with little kids around.. but especially fun with Laurel.
She got so excited over all her new toys.


New Years was in St George:

If you are a frequent traveler of the State of Utah you will know how out of control Utah Country traffic and roads are. We usually HATE driving through Utah county and now we hate it even more. The week before on our way to Ferron for Christmas we were in construction for an hour while they fixed pot holes. Turns out, they didn't quite fix the problem. We hit one, blew a tire and ended up needing to get new tires. Oh what fun.

I didn't let our rough journey stop me from having fun while I was there. On the way down I was taking to Orrin about my old dancing days. So when I got home I dug into our old costume boxes and what did I find....

It's a beaut isn't it?

We spent New Years with our friends the Hulets. They sure know how to Party.


I spent lots of time with my lovely nephews playing their new Wii and playing their new dance game. I couldn't get Avrils "Girlfriend" song out of my head for the rest of the trip.


Sunday we dressed up and went to Church like good Mormons do. However we weren't so good because we skipped out before the closing prayer.

I decided it was a perfect opportunity for some Larson Girl Pictures.
It was prime time for a couple picture, you can see how well that one turned out.


I took a lash Extension course back in November. Practiced a lot then certified! Woot. I'm now a Lash Extension Specialist. So if you're ever in the need you know who to call.

The last weekend of January I ditched Orrin and went to Long Beach for a big Cosmetology Convention. It was So much fun and So warm there. We were able to wear Spring time clothes most of the time we were there.

I got my hair cut by a "Celebrity Stylist" He was funny and gave us a lot of free goodies.


These are a few of my school friends who went out. It was a fun little getaway.


In other news:

I am 125 hours away from finishing school. I will be FINISHED before the end of March. It is going to be so fabulous. I am super nervous to go out and get a job because I just don't feel ready.. but 2000 hours is a lot so I better get ready in my last 100. It's time to start applying at Salons!

Orrin made the Deans list at school. He's such a smarty pants and loving school. Its super hard but he and his buddy Hector study together about every day and are staying ahead of the class with homework and labs. Even with work and school he still manages to find time for the gym.

Phil is an escape artist. He has learned that he can pull the gate open and get out to freedom. It's a good thing there are honest, animal loving people out there. Orrin said the last time he went to find Phil he found him in the middle of an arrest. 4 cops had their cars pulled into each other and were arresting some guy and there was Phil, jumping up and down in the middle of the commotion hoping to get some attention.

We scheduled a vacation! We're going to MEXICO in MAY! Orrin did a lot of research and found us a smokin' deal. Seriously smokin'. $1,150 for BOTH of us to an all inclusive resort, flights and transportation to and from airport while in Mexico included. I have my packing list already complete: Sun glasses, sun block, swim suit and sun hat. Done and done. I guess I might want to throw in a tooth brush. SO excited. We have worked so hard and are so tired its the perfect time for a little break.

There you have it. Wish me luck on State Boards.. maybe there will be a celebratory post after March!

6 comments:

Kody and Stacie Rogers said...

yay! I love your posts. Keep posting. And invite us to Mexico with you.

Jan said...

Glad you took time to catch up on your blog...you're a hard working duo!

Leslie said...

YAY for the update! :-)
It was a fun speed course in the life of Karlee and Orrin!
Miss ya!

Chelsea said...

Karlee! Oh my gosh that old dance costume from Encore with the wings! haha I was laughing when I saw that picture that was so funny. Good times :) Hope you are doing well!

Timmy and Trini said...

Yeah now you can do my lashes. How much do you charge

karlee said...

trini, I could def do your lashes. I charge $75 for a full set. I'm down in stg often enough and if you had a couple other people who wanted them I'd make the trip just for that. Let me know! Hope you're doing well!