3/23/2011

the time has come

I have completed my 2000 hours! I actually completed more than 2000 hours.
Last night I went into the lady who is over our hours for school and asked if I was on track to finish by the end of this week. She punched in my time into her computer and said, "You re done." I am DONE! I can't believe it. 2 years and 3 months. 2000 hours. 6 1/2 semesters of school. I'm finished. whew.

Now, it's time to help get my teacher on track (shes a real gem) and schedule my exits. We have to take a mock state board to graduate from the program. Once I pass that, I go to the state and take the exams. I have a written and a practical. Nervous for both but hear I shouldn't be. I asked my teacher if she would write me a reference letter for jobs. She said "You wont need one. All you have to do is tell them you went to SLCC and they will know you were trained well." we will see I guess.

I can't believe it's time for me to get a resume and cover letters together. However, I'm not about to quit my job at the court. Its full time, secure and has benefits. So, I need to find a salon within 20 minutes of Down Town SLC that is open late so I can work part time in the evenings. Anyone have any ideas for me!?

Can't wait to have a little break before I start up working.

Now that school is over, I'm going to enjoy:

Working at 8 rather than 7:30 every day
Going to the Gym
Playing with my puppy
Cuddling with my hubby
Keeping my house in order
Having some ME time
Getting to bed before 11:00

Just to name a few.

most of all, I do NOT have to go to school today!

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

Scottie and Tasha said...

Congrats- that's a huge accomplishment!

Andi said...

Yay! Good for you! Work and school at the same time is tough, for sure. Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Hope you enjoy your extra time!

Brian and Jenny said...

So excited for you. Way to push through a rough couple of years! Enjoy your extra time.

Leslie said...

CONGRATS! :-)

Jan Larson said...

Way to Go! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!!