8/05/2011

latest

We hiked up Ensign Peak a few weeks ago. Took some pictures like this...


It was fun to get away from the Red Box and do something fun that SLC has to offer. Now if I can just make it to the Farmers Market before the seasons over.

I've been working like crazy and Orrin, not so much. He's been on Furlo for the past 2 weeks! The Federal Gov "laid off" all their employees and he hasn't been working. Really stressful but he's back to work this upcoming Monday. On the bright side of his break from work, it's given him more time to study for finals! We're both glad thats over.

My work was crazy this week. We had a fire drill on Tuesday, then had to do the real thing on Thursday. Only the second time, it was a lot more unorganized and unplanned. There was a suspicious bag left on the front stairs for the court house. The closed down State street for the block in front of the court for a good 20 minutes before anyone inside the court knew what was going on. Then, they didn't sound any alarms just sent bailiffs down the hall telling people they had to leave, now, through the west entrance. WHAT?! So we grab our bags and head out. Started sprinkling, then raining then the loudest thunder ever. Lots of fun. After about 40 minutes of that they told us we weren't going to get back in before 5 so to go home. We couldn't get to our cars so we were all calling for rides and hoping on trax. Very random and fun. Oh, I never did hear the conclusion of the "suspicious bag." It's contents must not have been too interesting.


This is what I have been working on the past little while....

Doing lots of lashes and recently did a mini photo shoot so I could have some pictures to work with. I plan on doing 2 other shoots with very different eyes and styles so I'll have a lot to show. It's been fun to do them, style the model and practice some more photography.

Phils been doing good. He's can pull doors open if they aren't shut tight and he's learning how to "Get 'em!" (bark really loud) and roll over. So smart. He still poops on the grass though. The grass has never been so green... or brown.