Ferron is a completely different place than what I am used to. First of all there is snow. That's so pretty when it has blanketed the ground and glistening in the sunlight, but when you have to drive in it, it scares the freaking shit out of me. Pardon my language, but it does. On our way up here it was snowing and sometimes we couldn't really see where we were going. So you can imagine how that makes me feel. When we would get stuck behind a car going really slow, Orrin would drive in the other lane that had not really been plowed, we slid a little and I cursed a little. It was not fun, but we made it safe.
Another fun thing about Ferron is this following story:
Orrins mom loves animals. There are a few cats that will wonder up to the house and she will feed them, so the cats keep coming back and the family soon claims them. There was this one particular cat that when Brenda (Orrins Mother) bent down to pet it, it swiped at her and tried to attack her. Little did the cat know that, that careless act would cause it it's life. When Orrin heard this story he couldn't get these words out of his mouth any faster, "Want me to kill it!?"
First thing when Orrin woke up this morning he went downstairs, got the gun, loaded it and opened the front door to find this terrible creature. You need to understand that things are handled a little different here in the "country." If an animal gets on your "land" and ruins something or tires to hurt you, you have the right to "take care of it."
I wont go into the details but I will just say that my husband is a sick man, but he made his Mom a very happy lady.
So Merry Christmas to all. (none of this "Happy Holidays" crap so I don't offend anyone. I believe in Christ so I say Christmas, if your Jewish then Happy Hanuka! If your undecided then you better pick a side. Just kidding.) Wish us a safe drive home on the 24th!!
12/22/2007
bang! bang!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahahaaah. this made my night!
you're ridiculous. and your husband is pretty dang awesome..althought he did kill a cat.
that's just wrong in my book!
anyway. happy holidays.
...juuust kidding.
merrrrry christmas!!!!!
see you when you get back!
They have internet in ferron?
ummmm...if I am forced to be in pictures, I expect them to be instantly posted on your blog so I can SNATCH them like the word cat (I turn it into tact or cart or cast). mmmkay?
also, I thought that I could define the word nostalgia for you in Karlee speak...music. I will now quote the theme from the movie The Way We Were starring Barbara Streisand:
memories
like the corners of my mind
misty watered colored memories
of the way we were
P.S.S. If you haven't seen that movie you should because it's one of the Gilmore girl's favs.
Post a Comment