2/08/2008

st george city fire department


This is a shout out to the
St. George City Fire Department
.
I am so impressed with those men and the standards they set. They are smart, talented men with big hearts. My dad is a fire fighter and has been for years. He has made some wonderful friends from the fire department during his time with them.
Yesterday was my aunts funeral. It was a lovely service. I didn't know her very well, and managed to hold back any tears through out the service.
It wasn't until we walked outside and I saw three of my dads fellow firefighters standing outside in uniform to offer their support for him and his family that I lost it and cried. I was so touched that they were there. They were in the back for the service and were waiting outside when the family came out. I found out that there were 7 men , but the others got called out on a run. I told my dad how impressed I was by that and he said, "Well, we really try to do it for everyone but I will let them know how impressed you are." HOW NEAT!
Words of condolences when they run into him at work could be enough for my dad, but to go that extra mile and be there when it really matters. What great men.
Orrin was laughing at me because I was crying like a baby and saying how impressed I was and that I was going to write the fire department a letter to show my gratitude. I still might! My dad has worked so hard to get where he is. He was a volunteer, then part time and is taking classes and trying to educate himself to be the best he can at what he does. If all those men have worked that hard then I am even more impressed with them.
So well done St. George City Fire Department! Thank you for your efforts.

No comments: