5/20/2008

oh happy day


Its here! After lots of research and debating with Orrin to let me spend that much on a camera its finally here (thanks to those wonderful tax refunds)!
I have been dying to take a photography class feed my drive for knowledge of photography.
I have never taken a class and basically have NO idea how this camera works but I have signed up for 2 classes this summer that should get me out of that hole.

Orrin said that if I got a camera it had to be a Canon because they are the best. So that narrowed my choices. Then when I got looking at prices, that narrowed it even more.
I have done a lot of research and the Canon Rebel XTi was said to be a great camera for beginners and when I am ready to take more "professional" shots to upgrade my lenses. I am SO excited. This is an expensive hobby I am getting into but the memories I capture will be worth every cent.
We got it last night and I think Orrin was more thrilled than I was. For someone who didn't really want me to get a camera he sure was into it. He barely let me take a few shots and then snatched it right back to tinker and take pictures!

In other good news. I have a niece! Orrins brothers wife, Kristen, gave birth to a little baby girl yesterday! Kristen had a C-Section for her other child and her scar was ripping so she has been bed bound in the hospital for the past couple weeks. She wasn't due for a couple more weeks but was having contractions and was ripping more so they let baby come early. Little, Addison Gail Lemon. I can't wait to meet her. She has to stay in the hospital for a while because she was a tad bit early but should be able to go home soon. Orrin and I may go up this week but maybe next so things can settle a bit before we come. I love all my nephews SO much but it will be fun to buy girl things. Congrats Weston and Kristen!

2 comments:

Adam said...

We have the same camera. We've had it for over a year. It is fabulous and you will not regret spending the $. It's worth every penny. Have fun with it!

Katie Dotson said...

Yay! If I ever get my camera we will have to go on photography trips and take amazing shots of sunsets, prancing joyous animals, majestic forest beast, breath taking fields of wild flowers and raging rivers. We could have our stuff published in nature magizines. Oh the what fun we could have. Can you imagine it now?