I bought this to tie me over until I get my hair chopped again. I didn't know if it would work or not but I love it. If summer had a smell, this would be it. I used to think that Banana Boat Sunblock was the smell of summer, but I was wrong. This makes my hair feel so smooth and it smells so yummy. With my job I don't get out much to breath in the smells of summer so its great to have this with me all day!
Here's a good one for ya:
Yesterday my old employer called me to see if I wanted to make some extra money. I said yes and that I was available (he pays well and I just LOVE his kids. I would always make myself available for them). After that was said he informs me, "Oh well not for my kids." So I agreed to babysit for his friends kids. He put her on the phone and she told me when and where. When I asked how long I would be babysitting she said, "Until we get back." duh. I finally got "one or two" out of her.
I show up to the house after work. A young girl (roughly my age) answered the door. She points to 1 out of the 3 boys and says, "This is Sam, Madelins brother, if you didn't know." Of course I didn't know. I have never met any of these kids. So then the lady says "Bye." and walks out the door. No instruction, nothing. Weird.
I get the kids names. Turns out there were 2 sets of 2. Two that lived there and 2 friends. All of the parents were in Vegas. That girl was their other babysitter. At least it wasn't the mother who was that awkward.
I end up getting sick (I wasn't feeling well at work but hoped it would pass. nope). The mother calls and I tell her I am ill and see if she can make it home any time before 2. She says, "We'll try." Great.
Then my old employer calls and begs me to stay the night, tries to convince me that I'm "just pregnant" and wont take "No" for an answer. So long story short. Its 11:30 we're all in bed and the parents call and say they are on their way home.
Its 12:50 when they walk through the door. I lay there, braless, on their couch with my blanket.
The mom and I chit chat while her husbands in the kitchen and the other mom checks on her kids. She tells me that my old employer said he'd cover me, but he was a tad bit drunk when he said it. They didn't have any cash.
Seriously? (just like they say it at Seattle Grace) I went home.
I texed Orrin to let him know I was on my way. When I got home I walked into the room he sits up really fast and says "HUH!?" I told him it was just me and he says "Its a good thing I didn't have my gun here, I would have shot you. You know I'm a light sleeper. I didn't know you were coming home!"
Apparently, he didn't get my text.
I am still not feeling well.
Cory, if you are reading this.... You owe me.
1 comment:
yikes. that's the babysitting story from hell. and i don't know about you, but it's the epitamy of annoying when people say you're pregnant every time you're sick. my condolences to you dear.
Post a Comment