8/09/2008

happy day

I was dying to get out of the house today and go explore this new city in which I live (Orrin told me I couldn't end a sentence in a preposition so I had to reconstruct my sentence).  We started out our day with a ward breakfast.  We picked a good table with a funny little 12 year old boy and a young couple who lives in our complex.
Orrins little sister Laurel came down from Kaysville to spend the day with us.  Our first stop was 9th and 9th to browse around.  There is an adorable little boutique named Apt. 202, so cute and so out of my price range.  Won't stop me from trying beautiful things on next time I'm there.

We also went to Trolley Square and walked around.  Laurel wanted to go to the Gateway next to so we went by there and walked into the Planetarium.   Orrin had a lot of frustrating fun trying to explain why the pendulum moves in a circle.  So confusing and entertaining.   While we were there we stopped for a trot on the moon!


My friend Sarah got married down in St. George yesterday.  I would have been down there but I wasn't smart and didn't realize that August 8th was a Friday not a Saturday.  Due to my new job and lack of knowledge, I couldn't get the day off.   She had an open house up in Kaysville-ish this evening and I got to see the beautiful bride.  She was so beautiful and so happy!  We picked our second good table for the day and got to chat with some of Zacs (the groom) old mission friends.  One gentleman kept us laughing for hours! Well, it was only one but it felt like hours.  
Congrats Mr and Mrs B., we are so happy for you!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

Fun. When we come up in a few weeks you'll have to tell us some fun places to visit! And we'll have to try a yummy place for dinner! We miss you. We had Sunday dinner @ my house and it wasn't the same w/o you.