8/15/2008

here kitty kitty

So Orrin and I have these neighbors, 2 older ladies and a little girl.  My guess is its a Grandmother, Mother and daughter.  Anyways, they have two cats and every time Orrin and I come home from the gym they are outside looking for them.  Today, there were 5 people out looking for these two stinking cats.  The cats are always in the same bushes at the bottom of the stairs.  So everyday we come home there are people digging in the bushes looking for the cats.   dumb.  I bet these ladies are just rolling in cat hair.

Speaking of cat hair.  When Orrin was in high school his friends parents were out of town.  Boys will be boys and took advantage of the situation.  3 of the boys got drunk.  Orrin and his other 2 friends did not (good boy).  So the 3 drunkards are in the hot tub and Orrins friend Trevor decided to be a pal and get them towels.  He got two out of the closet and one special towel out of the bottom of laundry basket the cat slept in.  This towel was matted in dirty, stinky, cat hair.  Trevor stuck this towel in between the nice clean towels.  One by one the boys got out of the hot tub.  Lucky boy number 2 got the cat hair towel.  He opens it up and doesn't notice the hair falling to the ground at his feet.  He starts to dry off but is wiping cat hair all over his wet body.  Gross.  They kept telling him he missed a spot and drunk boy would just laugh and wipe it off completely oblivious to what they were getting at.  
Back to the cats at our complex.  Or rather, this sweet dog! This little Asian lady owns this huge blood hound.  Its so cool.  Well one day we were getting home from the gym (we work out a lot, gotta get "gains") and one of the cats and this dog (did I mention this dog is HUGE?) were standing on the stairs at what looked like a face off.  The cat was on the higher step and the dog was two steps below it.  The cat, with out turning around, backed up one step, then the dog took one step up.  It was the strangest thing.  Like they were both just waiting for the other one to make the move.
I think Orrin and I should get an animal to add to all this outdoor fun.  Orrin would love a ferret.  That could make things interesting.

3 comments:

Mandy and Kalen said...

Jer and I have been wanting a dog for the past few weeks. But I don't want to take care of one so no dogs for us til Coop is old enough to take care of it so I don't have to.

Katie Dotson said...

That last comment was me but I didn't know I was signed in under my sister. Oops!

Taranani said...

Take our dogs! Please