8/21/2008

meat heads


If you knew me when I first met and started dating Orrin then you know that the body building encyclopedia that we found in the bathroom (and mocked) belonged to him.  You would know that it was a little strange that he wanted to be a body builder but the fact that it was strange was set aside because he was a damn good kisser.  Well, I really hope you wouldn't know he was a good kisser, you just took my word for it.   


So for the past year I have put up with Orrins obsession with working out.  I let him buy his energy drinks and protein.  I even bought him some pills that gave him the physical effects that looked  he was on steroids.  I even let him go on and on about how in a couple years when he is "real big" he will do a body building competition. 

I never dreamed the day would come when I would share his passion for working out and maybe, possibly, want to be in a competition of my own.  Now, I don't want to get ahead of myself so let me explain.  

I have been going to the gym very regularly.  With all the talk that I may live in a slightly sketchy neighborhood (which we don't, I think!) I wanted to get really physically fit in case I had to put up a fight.  So, instead of spending my hourly visits at the gym walking on the treadmill and doing lazy, fat girl work outs, I started lifting weights, running, doing squats and straight leg dead lifts, just to name a few.  After all the work I have been doing Orrin started to notice the change in my body, he pointed out all my results.  Nice results in my rear end and scrawny arms.  I have started to loose a little of the fat on my butt and thighs and when I flex my arm its not just skin and bones, you can actually see toned muscle.   Now, its not anything to really toot my own horn about.  I got thinking, if I keep going at this rate, maybe in a year or so I can toot my horn and Orrin and I can do the competition together.  
There is a class in the body building competitions for females that is the fitness category (I think thats what it's called).  I went to one once.  The ladies are more delicate and toned rather than meat heads.  They wear pretty (scandalous), shiny outfits and high heels.  When the flex they keep their hands delicate rather than balling them up into fists. 
I am only thinking about it for now.  I don't know if its something I would ever really do.  It would be a fun experience though.  I mean, if I work hard enough and get good enough results then it might be kind of fun to do a very small, beginners competition.


Besides, I could really go for one of those outfits.

2 comments:

The Weston's said...

those women are so beasty. eeewwww. Obsessive? I think so.

Taranani said...

Your hubby probably wouldn't mind the outfits either. Yay for you for working out anyway!