8/24/2008

mumu movie night

This weekend has been excellent. We made plans for a first time since we have been here.


Friday night we headed on over to the Hulets house for some fun. We talked and talked and caught up on everything. Then we made crepes. Yummm! Stephanie made this amazing crepe spread and Orrin and I feel in love. Hope Stephie doesn't mind that I share it. Its just TOO GOOD not to!


Amazing Crepe Spread
1 pkg. low fat cream cheese (apparently if you use the regular fat kind it doesn't turn out as amazing)
1 tub of cool whip
about 3/4 cup powdered sugar (she didn't measure, just poured so i am guesstimating)
Mix with beaters and viola!
The most amazing crepe spread ever!

After we stuffed our faces with crepes we got out a game called Trains. I won once, even after Orrin tried to mess everyones destinations up by blocking us. Steph and Wesley aren't used to people like that and got a kick out of the challenge. It was a fun night. All four of us are "early to bed" people so by the time the clock struck midnight we were spent. Thanks for the fun night Hulets, it was fun to get out and play!

Saturday We slept in. So nice. We went to the Salt Lake City Library and it was sweet. That building is so pretty and fun. The elevators are exceptional (lately I have been scared of elevators, story for another time). Glass on all sides so you can see everything! Neat place to go. I found lots of books I would love to borrow. Orrin didn't have quite as good of luck.
That evening we had plans to meet up with our friends the Christensens. They live in Vernal and were coming down for a visit. Plans changed for them so we didn't get to meet up. We missed seeing you guys! So I improvised and came up with "Mumu Movie Night"


We took Karameas suggestion from a while ago and rented Charlie Bartlett. So we jumped into our Mumus and watched it. (FYI Orrin only has a mumu because I made him one for Christmas. I'm sweet like that) Good film. During our movie I got a text that had a picture of this pretty ring saying, "We're Engaged!"

Brant finally proposed to my sister-in-law Laruel! He proposed to her up at Bear Lake in the cutest way. They were riding around on four wheelers when she spotted little fires shaped like hearts and also "Will you marry me?" in fire in the sand on the beach. SO FUN! I am so thrilled!

These are the two lovebirds. Love this picture so I stole it from his facebook.
Congratulations you two!

Tonight we are going to visit Orrins aunt and uncle Barber. Orrin called them to see if we could visit and they so kindly invited us for dinner. They are the best cooks ever! I ate there once and I loved it. They have this homemade apple juice that is to die for!

Next comes Monday, stupid Monday and its back to work and waking up early. Can't wait for our trip to San Diego starting September 5th!

8 comments:

Benjamin said...

How dare you share my ridiculously detailed secret crepe goo recipe with the world! Just kidding. Really, everyone should have the pleasure of eating it. But, to clarify, it is a whole cup of powdered sugar. I realize I hate measuring cups, but the cup in necessary for goo goodness.

Benjamin said...

By the way, "Benjamin said..." really means "Stephanie said..." except I didn't log off of his email. My bad.

Leslie said...

Fun! Gotta love a weekend with your hubbie!

The Weston's said...

okay. those mumus are freaking wicked! how hilarious. And even more that you took a pic- your kids will never let that one live down. :)

The Batistas said...

Can I just say that Orrin reminds me of Ms. Doubtfire. I would never be able to get Vic in anything besides gym shorts

Karamea said...

thought you might like this:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Katie Dotson said...

We were so bummed we couldn't come to see you guys! We hope we can get there soon. Coop is feeling better though so that's good. I hate when he gets the yuckies! But if it weren't for Coop's yuckies there wouldn't have been a "Mumu Movie Night"! GREAT idea by the way. You are so awesome Karlee. We miss ya tons!

Karamea said...

oh i'm just dandy i suppose. still surviving in st. george amazingly enough. :) but it's not too bad. i'm hoping nate and i will be up in slc for the sigur ros concert at the end of sept...so i'll keep you posted. maybe we can drop in on steph and her children one day and bring them some treats or something!

how are youuu?

by the way. someone needs to make me an aunt real soon. not necessarily you. but you know....just so i can start practicing for when i have a baby in 10 years. haha