9/21/2008

ice skating!!

Our dear friends Steph and "Benley" invited us for a date night. Firday night we went ice skating down in Murray. It was cold and fun! Orrin tried out the hockey skates and I went for the feminine figure skates.
Neither of us were very good. However, we both had a LOT of fun.
There were all these little girls there doing these fancy (to us) tricks so Steph and I tried them out a bit. I was attempting an arabesque and wanting Orrin to catch me if I fell. He wasn't having it!

Thank you for the fun time Hulets! It sure was fun! Rook, not so much. I need to strategies better next time.


Saturday afternoon was a lunch date with Steph and Amanda. It was good to reconnect with Amanda. I haven't seen her in ages. That night Orrin and I went to a movie with Orrins sister Laurel and her Fiancee Brant. Then they came to our place for hot tubing and a sleep over!
We woke up and I spent the whole morning in the kitchen. I made crepes for breakfast, then decorated some cookies because it was our nieces blessing.
Orrins mom sent us home from the blessing with Italian Prunes (better tasting than I thought they would be), peaches (with all the canning supplies I needed to can!) and Zucchini bread, yummm.
On our way home we drove up to see the Draper Temple that is in progress. However, our eyes were very much distracted by the gorgeous homes (mansions) that are neighboring the Temple. They are stunning and much too big. We weren't the only ones getting an eye full. There were plenty of people taking in the site of the beautiful structures.
So we got home this evening and started peeling peaches. This was the first time I have canned all alone (without my mother). I made 3 calls to Orrins mom to make sure I was doing it right. They're boiling now so I guess we will find out how I did!




Tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary! FUN!

2 comments:

The Weston's said...

LOVE that Murray skating rink- we actually just live RIGHT there. We walk to the park all the time! I am sooo canning this week. Peaches, pears, mmmm

The Batistas said...

Fun! And happy anniversary!! I can't believe it has already been one year! how time flys