1/26/2009

here you go Josh

My brother Josh told me I needed to update because he "was bored." Well, I am bored too so I don't think this will be much of an update.

Me: Work is work. Boring and long. It hasn't changed from day one. Orrin wants me to look for a new job, but I feel like I don't have the time right now. Maybe in the summer. It would be nice to get paid a little more, or get some benefits!
School is fun. I made one friend. We go to dinner together and practice with each other. There may be a couple more fun girls in there but most of them seem... not right for me. We had a slow start getting into the school work because of the unprepared students. We started to get full swing the last day of the 2nd week.
We have 2 teachers. One is great. I love the way she buckles down and gets to the point. Tells the girls who smoke they stink and they can't have longer breaks then the rest of us. She walks around and helps and is an overall great teacher. The other seems like she wants to be liked more than to teach us. Hopefully that is not the case.
I need things to look forward to in my life because it's going to be very repetitive for the next 2 years. So far I have a trip to St. George for Valentines! So excited. and a trip to Yellowstone in August.

Orrin: Enjoying his school so far. He is taking a class called "Survey of Jazz" He gets to listen to music the whole class period and loves it. He needs to attend 3 Jazz concerts and he is picking them out very carefully. We have 3 fun dates ahead of us!
He loves his job. It's easy and perfect for him right now. He wishes that this semester were one of his harder semesters because he could do homework at his job. However, he has to get a few more pre-requisite classes out of the way so the hard semesters are still to come.
He likes to cook mean in his crock pot. There is always some interesting recipe has is trying out in the pot. He enjoys it and it fills him up when I don't have time (or want) to cook.

Life is Salt Lake City still is not my cup of tea. We had almost 2 weeks without snow. The rain and warmer (than usual) weather had melted away most of the snow. As we were walking into Church on Sunday I was wearing a cute knee length dress, minus the tights, because it was so nice out. When we got out of sacrament the big, white flakes were falling. Curse words.
I am enjoying my calling in the nursery. Orrin has been hanging out in there with us a couple times and has bonded with some of the kids. Maybe he will warm up to the idea of children and realize that we actually, could have a baby sooner than later.

Our weekends, lately, consist of sleeping in, gym and game for Orrin and Photography class for me, Redbox movies, catching up on ALL the TV shows I missed during the week. Orrin will only watch one show with me, the Bachelor. I wonder why he'll watch that one and not the rest?! Joking, I totally know.
Oh, don't forget we take time to clean up the kitchen (and the rest of the house) after our long, busy week.
This weekend we switched it up a bit and went to visit Orrins aunt and uncle in Kaysville, we always have insightful chats with them and they always send us home with some homemade goodies. This week it was tomato soup, prunes and apple and grape juice! You haven't had Apple juice until you've tried Aunt Maries! MMMM boy!
Then we hit the snowy roads up to Layton to eat dinner at Laurel and Brants. It was a nice relaxing Sunday. If I can't have some of my immediate family close by, it's nice to have some of Orrins.

For now, Josh, that is all I have.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh Karlee... Busy busy busy. We sure miss you down here in sunny SG! Actually, it was cold and overcast today. Looking forward to Valentines. I was thinking one night we should watch the Secret Life of Bees. Have you seen it? I just finished the book and noticed it was on your currently reading list. We'll have tons of fun--maybe we should have a girls day and treat ourselves to lunch and pedicures or manicures or maybe just shopping. Fun. Make some plans.

mylyn wood said...

Lucky Orrin! Go to the Jazz festival in July! It's free, and so much fun. Tim and I used to go every year.
ps. Tim was dead set on not having kids til we both graduate in 2011 but lo and behold i'm 7 months pregnant! it's always good to have a plan but Heavenly Father sometimes has his own plans! :-)

Taranani said...

Whatever, Karlee! No family here? Doesn't favorite cousin count. And you were IN Kaysville! Lame. We could have sent you home with some apples or licorice or something. :-) Tell Orrin, President Kimball said:
"To refuse to bear or refrain from the bearing of children is an error of omission."
and
"Young married couples who postpone parenthood until their degrees are attained might be shocked if their expressed preference were labeled idolatry. Their rationalization gives them degrees at the expense of children. Is it a justifiable exchange? Whom do they love and worship--themselves or God? Other couples, recognizing that life is not intended primarily for comforts, ease, and luxuries, complete their educations while they move forward with full lives, having their children and giving Church and community service...
These gods of power, wealth, and influence are most demanding and are quite as real as the golden calves of the children of Israel in the wilderness."


Of course Pres. Kimball said a whole lot of other things that were... Let's just say by his standards, I know few people headed for celestial glory. I still like to use his quotes to tease people though. But it is totally a personal matter, and I believe Heavenly Father knows us as individuals. But if you need some ammunition, they are powerful quotes. Sorry, Orrin- if you read this don't hate me, I'm just kidding around with the quotes.