Yesterday I was in a bad mood. It was Monday but I think it started at work when I had NOTHING to do. When that happens I feel like I am wasting precious time. I have laundry to do, a kitchen to clean and I could really use that time to get my hair cut. That set the mood for the rest of the day.
When I got to school all I could do was complain about anything that was bothering me. The teacher for Mondays isn't the greatest. She left about an hour of wasted time that day that we weren't doing ANYTHING. If the whole class has to wait for the last girl to finish her set, we would never get out of there! Then to top it off she told us we couldn't leave until 9:40, "just because." So we SAT there for 15 minutes waiting for the clock to say the right time. I got very frustrated because I am paying for that schooling out of my pocket. It was her, on the very first day, who said that it's important we come to class everyday because it totals out to be $22.00 a day for school. So when I have nothing to do for an hour one day, I want my money back! If I have to sit there for 15 minutes just so my time card can say I was there for X amount of time, TEACH US SOMETHING! I sit enough at work.
I am thinking of mentioning something to her. It's not appropriate for your teacher to get her nails fixed during class, or get her bangs trimmed. Who cares if we are doing work books or practicing putting rollers in, stay in the class, assist and answer questions! $22 a day lady, remember? I want $22 worth of education.
So the point of that ramble is to tell you I have a better outlook on life today. I went to bed as soon as I got home (after Orrin decided to push on my abs because he thought I was faking that they were SO sore from Saturdays workout. I wasn't. The tears showed him.). I woke up 10 minutes earlier than usual and showered in the morning. I never do that. It was nice. My hair looks good today and I even took some Vitamin C. Good for me. I was going to take a multi vitamin but we're out. Orrin is going to pick some up today. He gets so thrilled when I decide to take care of myself.
Work is boring again today. With that down time I found a neat website that lists all these neat freebies and deals. (goodfreedeals.blogspot.com) I got some way cute Valentines Cards for FREE! I feel like I scored big time. It really only saved me $5 but hey, who doesn't like free?
1/27/2009
rambles from a lady bored at work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Karlee, this post is really funny. I love your personality. You have a cute new blog header too, I really like yours and Sami's. I never change mine... maybe someday. Hope school is going better for you!
Oh Karlee--you need to come down to St. George and have a fun Valentines weekend! Not so many days away!!! Yay for that!
Hey Hey!!! How are you doing? I am loving your brown hair on you, and you are quite the photographer too! Congrats on hair school too- how is that going?
Post a Comment