I made bread for the first time, by myself, today. It wasn't very hard but I don't think it turned out the way it was supposed to. It sure tastes pretty good though!
Orrin and I had a laid back weekend. Saturday I had my classes and then we just hung out at home. Sunday we went to church and had home teachers.
Side story: I am in the nursery in our ward and we always have a different number of children in our class. This week we only had 3. One little boy, lets call him "L", belongs to a newly reactivated family that I mentioned before.
Well, we were looking through one of the other kids toys that he brings to entertain him in sacrament. He had a little look book that had religious pictures and pictures of his family inside with captions under each one. One of the pictures was of the Salt Lake Temple. When L saw this picture he started jumping up and down saying, "I want to got there! I want to go there!" For a 2 1/2 year old to recognize the Temple and be so enthused about it, it jerked at my heart strings. So cute.
Tonight we went out for ice cream. Found a place on the navigator on our phone that had a good rating so we tried to find it. Turns out it was turned into a Jimmy Johns. So we opted for the second closest place, Spoon Me. Natural frozen yogurt and just not very good. Fun atmosphere, good idea but not as tasty as I would have liked. After ice cream we watched the movie, The Visitor. It was good but sad (mom thats a RedBox movie you should rent).
It was a nice relaxing weekend. I needed to catch up on some sleep and I think I'm going to catch up on some more. It can't ever hurt to get an extra 30 minutes in.
6 comments:
I've been wanting to see that movie but haven't heard any reviews on it! Great to know!
ps. good job on the bread! it looks delicious!
we have that spoon me down here. I dont think its that great. but I suppose its suppose to be healthy-ish. you should really see if there is an emerald city smoothies up there. ITS TO DIE FOR!~!!
LOL! That WAS the best ice cream place!! So- do you know who put the Jimmy Johns there? Courtney {Glendenning} Orton and her hubby have 2 in the valley now. I sure miss the Bear Lake Rasberry shakes they used to have.....
If that's a picture of your french bread- I'd say it turned out fabulous! Great Job!!
FYI sammi, There are 2 Emerald city smoothies up here and our sister in law works there so we get them for free
NO WAY!!! Lucky ducks I want them for free. I love them, everyone I have tasted I have loved. YOur crazy to not like them
Post a Comment