3/11/2010

just a little hello

Just a little hello because I'd rather blog than work. Surprised? Don't be.

Sami came up last night because she has an interview in Rexburg to be an EFY counselor. If I hadn't met Orrin so soon, I think I would have loved to do that.

I am 75% sure that Orrin and I are moving out of our apartment complex to a duplex a few blocks away. Orrin works with the owner and his current tenants are moving out. It's 200 square feet, 1 bed, 1 bathroom BIGGER than we have now, for the same price! Now read that carefully, the apartment is NOT 200 square feet. It's 200 square feet bigger (and 1 bed and bath bigger). Get it? good. It even comes with a little back yard for Phil. Hopefully things work out with getting out of our contract at the apartments.

I am FINALLY at 1000 hours at school. Hour wise, I am half way there! Hooray. However, I plan to graduate by the end of December. Looks like I'm going to have to do some sweet talking to my boss so I can get some over flow in the summer.

It's time for Spring Break. Really, it is. Life is really getting tiring. The other day Orrin told me "I just need a break from all the responsibilities!" We both sort of snapped. Not a fun moment.

However, it got me thinking. When we have kids, jobs, a house and the responsibilities are even larger.. I plan to have a "Break time" for each of us. My plan is that we will have 5 hours a week we can cash in at ANY time. It will be like a game and we will have little circle/half circle pieces representing 1 hour or 30 minutes. When you need a break, give your piece to the other and the clock starts. I think it's good to get away from the responsibilities for a while, but at some time, you need to get a grip. So only 1 hr can be used a day at any time. Except for weekends, Saturday's you can use 2 hours. But if you don't use them by 12:00 Saturday night, they're void. No breaks on Sunday because it should be relaxing anyways. So you can use them Bed time, dinner time, whatever. Just cash in your "responsibility break" and you're off the hook. But both parents can't use their break time at the same time. Sometimes it will be a tough break for the other parent but they have their turn too.
So that's my plan, my little game. Our break from the responsibilities...at least for an hour.


Phil is growing big. His collar that was too large when we bought him, is on it's way to being too small. He will sit and shake on command.. most of the time. He still growls and tries desperately to get your food if your sitting or standing. He's spoiled. We took him to the dog park last weekend and I think we had just as much fun as he did. Can't wait to go back.


Orrins Birthday is on Saturday.. the big 26. It seemed old a little while ago, but now, it doesn't seem so old. It's like pulling teeth when I try to have him make a decision on b-day plans. We finally pinned it down to pizza and bowling. Have a few friends and family come and it's a party. For his cake: Angel food, strawberries and glaze. He just wants the crust though, the hard part on the top. What? Yours doesn't go hard? Well, we can't all be Betty freakin Crocker! If he likes the burnt, boxed angel food cake then that is what he's gonna get!

Anyways, goodbye.

1 comment:

Angie Jones said...

That break time idea is a good one. I know there are times with my kid that I wish I could sleep in or hide in my room with a video game but don't want to tell my boyfriend he has to do everything so I can pretend I'm childless lol.