6/13/2010

memorial weekend

I know it has been a long time coming.. but I usually do all my blogging at work but my computer caught a cold. A dirty rotten virus! Things just weren't working properly and are just not back to normal. Luckily for me.. I uploaded some pics to get things going the other day.. so here we go. Memorial Weekend.
It took place in Saint George this year. I was dying for some sun rays! Seriously, the pasty pale had to go. Since my baby sister had her PRK surgery on her eyeballs the Monday before, she wasn't allowed to drive and just had to get into town. Hours after we arrived I took her in along with my 3 adorable nephews.

Learning the shopping ways at a very young age.
That night I did 4 hair cuts! My clippers were smokin! It's nice to be able to practice on my family. Especially my barbering skills, I love barbering. Have I told you that? If I thought in the long run I'd make enough money doing that alone, I would. Men are SO much easier to deal with. Scratch their head in the sink and you've earned yourself a tip. Besides, shaves are super fun.

That Saturday was the Holt family reunion in Enterprise. Orrin and I posed for a picture or two before we headed out.

The weather in Enterprise was a little chilly with the wind all day. When it's cold, you don't think about sunblock. I mean, you can only tan in the heat, right?! Wrong. I put sunblock on my hubbys balding head and even my pig puppy Phil.. didn't even think about myself. My poor nose. My poor feet. Ouch.

Aren't these little monkeys cute?! Stinking cute.

On our way back from Enterprise we stopped at Mountain Meadow. Orrin had never been before and we thought it was a perfect day to do so.

After we got back in town, we had to go down to the farm to feed. This was Phils first farm time. He and one of the horses bonded. This first shot is of their first meeting. He looks terrified. If his ears aren't standing straight up.. somethings not right. haha. They slowly got higher and higher. By the end of our time there, I think he was in love.

Since we got a little too much sun on Saturday, we spent Sunday indoors! Watching lots of movie and enjoying family time. Such a nice relaxing day, as Sundays should be.

Monday, Memorial Day, we just HAD to hit Veyo for the first swim on the season. I loved every minute of it. I sun blocked my body, wore a had and even some improv socks to cover my owies on my feet. I was a total babe.. ask anyone who saw me.

Me and sister sammi sue.

I love to swim.. the water was perfect.. the Pronto Pups were as tasty as ever! I love Veyo!

Our good buddies the Hulets, if you know us, I'm sure you know them. If you don't know them, you should. They are super fun. Make yummy crepes and have the best games to play ever. I mean if you don't know what Pop 5 or the Orbe is.. you're totally missing out.

After that, we had to hurry and pack up and head for "home" or our temporary dwelling of SLC. Orrins mom was visiting so we stopped by his brothers to say hello for a little while. It made for a late night but the weekend was so satisfying. I've got the peeling skin to show for it.

3 comments:

Manda Lynn said...

a) kyl wants her swim suit back...and she used some extremely harsh language while expressing this sentiment.

b) are you wearing tube socks at the pool?

karlee said...

I have no idea how I ended up with that swim suit. She can have it back, the bottoms are too big and the top has some funny wear around the nipple area....that must have happened while it was in her possession! But really, I don't know when I got it or how but I found it, so I wore it.
no, I am not wearing tube socks. Just regular socks I stole from mommy jan. I cut some holes for comfort. You should have seen how fried the tops of my feet were from the day before! The socks were the best idea I had in a long time!

Manda Lynn said...

she says you should consider it your wedding gift.

if she ever gets married you should re gift it back to her. after all, it sounds as though her nipple ring got the best of it.